2022 SCBWI Ohio North In-Person Conference
We are committed to reducing risk for our faculty and conference participants to the best of our ability. We need your help in doing so. While SCBWI Ohio North has COVID-19 precautions and procedures established for our events, please know that you assume all risks associated with attending any in-person gathering.
The protocols have been developed based on CDC guidelines, requirements and recommendations from SCBWI headquarters*, and will be updated further to take into consideration the requirements of our conference facility. We will update these protocols over time as needed.
1. All attendees should be fully vaccinated or have had a negative Covid PCR test taken no early than three days (72 hours) prior to the meeting.
2. Proof of vaccination or negative test required before you check-in for the conference. Your vaccination card or a photo of the card will serve as verification. (Instructions for submitting proof of vaccination will be provided via email in late July.)
Without your proof of vaccination or your negative PCR test taken within 72 hours of when you check-in for the conference, we will not be able to admit you to the conference or provide any type of refund.
3. Masks are highly recommended and strongly encouraged to help reduce risk. Be aware that masks may be mandated depending on state, county, facility, and/or SCBWI HQ policy in September; the SCBWI Ohio North Regional Team will provide updated guidance closer to the conference.
4. If you are not feeling well, please be considerate of others and do not attend the conference. If you are ill or showing symptoms within 24-hours of the conference, please notify us at firstname.lastname@example.org to cancel your registration and receive a refund.
5. Masks and hand sanitizer will be available at the conference.
*POLICY FOR MINIMIZING COVID RISK FROM SCBWI HEADQUARTERS
To minimize the risk of Covid-19 at all SCBWI in-person events with more than 25 attendees, event organizers are required to implement the following attendance policy:
• Require attendees to submit proof of vaccination, or proof of a negative PCR test taken no earlier than three days prior to the event, as a condition of attendance.
At any SCBWI in-person event, regardless of the number of attendees, organizers must offer each attendee a free disposable mask, provide hand sanitizing stations throughout the event area, and post this policy in its entirety in areas visible to attendees.
Comments regarding this policy should be directed to SCBWI headquarters by emailing email@example.com. Include your name and contact information in order to receive a response.